The Cincinnati Club, Glasgow

The Cincinnati Club, Glasgow

Postby crazyhorse73 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:14 pm GMT

The CinCin has been open a couple of months already.
There will be a leaderboard starting from the 1st November.
There are daily tournaments from £5 to £50,aswell as cash games for all levels of players,and also continuous Sit'nGos.

The Cincinnati Club
67 Bridge St
Glasgow

Tel: 0141 418 2399

Private members club(only takes a minute to join)
Check it out
crazyhorse73

Postby HalfSugar » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:31 pm GMT

If I only I wasn't so far away :(
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
HalfSugar
King Moderator

Postby crazyhorse73 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:29 pm GMT

It won't be long before they host a week long poker festival,then it would be well worth the journey.
There will also be special hotel rates for Cincinnati members including the top hotels,would make a cracking weekend trip to the beautiful city of Glasgow.
crazyhorse73

Postby HalfSugar » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:53 pm GMT

That is tempting, Webster, you in if I travel up??
HalfSugar
King Moderator

Postby wEbMaStEr » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:28 pm GMT

This is first i heard of this place, after some initial research (not much online, no site or anything) it looks like a great idea. I will definately be checking this out within the next couple weeks and i'll get back to you with a report :wink:
You don't understand! I'm not an empty seat anymore. I'm different!
wEbMaStEr

Cincins

Postby crazyhorse73 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:43 pm GMT

The website for the Cincinnati Club should be finished sometime later in the week.
There are some updates of the tournaments and schedule on two other sites

www.aworldofpoker.com
www.glasgowpokerschool.co.uk

There are a few different promotions coming up in the near future,and I can keep you all updated.
crazyhorse73

Postby wEbMaStEr » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:24 pm GMT

Hey crazyhorse, thanks for GPS link, i did not know there was as decent a poker scene in Glasgow.

Are you involved with Cin's in any way? No worries if you are i just wondered about some things. like......

The entry fee for tourneys? how big a % of the buy in is it? (i.e. is it £20+£2, £20+£5 or what?)

Cash games, are they self dealt? what's the rake? or is it an hourly charge like The Riverboat?

How many players usually turn up for the tourneys and what are the busiest nights?

Is Smoking allowed?

How would you compare Cin's to say the Riverboat?

As for Cin's i was looking to head up there this Friday, so i phoned and the guy (a little hard to understand cos of accent) said Thursday is a V. busy night but Friday is less so. Thursday is no good for me this week (altho i would prefer NL to fridays PL (I frickin hate PL!!! :evil: )) Any idea why Friday is less busy? Is it the riverboat's £2000 Guaranteed trny

Any info would be welcome about Cin's or the Glasgow scene in general. Pref. before Friday :lol:
wEbMaStEr

Postby thetank » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:36 am GMT

My name is Thomas Stott and I am the new manager of the Cincinatti card club in Glasgow.

I'd like to answer some of the questions in this thread and fill you in on a more up to date schedule.

I'm currently sorting out a week long festival to take place at the end of April. I'll have more details on this in around about a weeks time.

We charge 7% of the buy-ins for the tournament juice and rake of 10% in the cash games (£5 max) except the big dealers choice £500 buy-in game where we cap it at £10 once the pot reaches £1,000.

Our buisiest night is currently Thursdays where we get around 50 runners. At the weekends we get around 40 runners and 20-30 on other nights. This will hopefully improve with time (that's kinda my job)
Our capacity is 100 players.

Smoking is currently allowed, however, the smoking ban will come into place in Scotland next month and we will have to follow suit with the law and enforce it. We're not going to try to say it's a private members club, as anyone can join on the night with photographic ID, and to do so would be flaunting the law. I'll just have to see you for a cig in the car park :)

As for how it compares to the Riverboat, I'll try to keep this brief (I understand I may be somewhat biased)
In my opinion we offer a better product than can be found anywhere else in Glasgow as we provide dealers (much less disputes)and offer more starting chips in our tournaments(more poker for your pound)
Elegant decor, friendly atmosphere etc, don't want to blow the places trumpet too loudly lest I come across as a spammy spam spammer.

Tournament Schedule:

Mon 8.15pm "short night" £20 NLHE with rebuys and add on. (2,000 starting chips)
Tue 8.15pm £20 NLHE with rebuys and add on. (4,000 chips)
Wed 8.15pm £50 NLHE Freezeout. (5,000 chips)
Thu 8.15pm £20 NLHE with two re-buys maximum or one rebuy and one add on. (4,000 chips)
Fri 8.15 pm £20 NLHE with rebuys and add on. (4,000 chips)
Sat 8.15pm £50 NLHE with rebuys and add-on. (5,000 chips)
Sun 8.15pm £40 NLHE Freezeout.(4,000 chips)

All rebuy periods are 90 minutes long except Thursdays. Blinds go up every 30 minutes starting at 50/100. Thereafter blinds increase every 20 minutes.

Thursdays rebuy period is 60 minutes long with the blinds remaining at 50/100 for it's entirety. Thereafter blinds increase every 20 minutes.

In all freezeouts blinds start at 50/100 with 30 minute levels.

The second Saturday of every month will be a £100 rebuy

The last Sunday of every month will be a £100 freezeout

Cash games from buy-ins ranging from £20 to £500 are available 7 nights a week.

All cash games and tournaments have dealers provided.

Car parking, restraunt and licensed bar available aswell as disabled facilities.

Address:Cincinnati Club
67 Bridge St,
Glasgow,
G5 9JB

Tel: 0141 418 2399 for details

The last poster asked for the info before Friday. I assume he meant Friday October 21st of last year and not Friday 17th February this year. If I'm correct in the aforementioned assumption then sorry I'm late wEbMaStEr.
Last edited by thetank on Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:56 am GMT, edited 1 time in total.
thetank

Postby HalfSugar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:43 pm GMT

Thanks for the info.

One thing though - the 'more poker for your pound' thing based on higher starting chips really means almost nothing unless you tell us the blind levels. I could offer a tourney with 10/20 starting blinds and 1000 chips and it'd be no different to you running a tourney with 50/100 starting blinds and 5000 chips..............
HalfSugar
King Moderator

Postby wEbMaStEr » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:34 pm GMT

Welcome to our little forum thetank.

First let me say how impressed i am that you have taken the time to look around and get the info out, this shows good initiative.

I have to ashamedly admit to still never having taken the trouble to visit Cin's (it is a whole 40 min. drive away :oops: ) But I definately will one day really soon. The main reason for this is, i am a working stiff and have to get up at 6am for work, so playing thru the week is right out for me. Altho I may have to take the odd Friday off to play the thursday night game :wink:

With this in mind i wonder if you have considered starting your tourneys a little earlier? Altho i know it would be difficult to finish even a modest tourney before midnight. On the weekends this isn't really a problem altho you could maybe consider a Sunday afternoon tournament? I hear the £5 rebuy Sunday afternoon tourney at the Wabash club is very popular.

What else? I'm glad you've made all the tourneys NLHE! That wil certainly encourage me to come up soon. PL sucks!

What exactly is David Colclough's association with the club?

Any chance of comping me some freebies to entice me to come along? :twisted:

Please pop back with info on your festival, I for one would be very interested to hear more.
wEbMaStEr

Postby thetank » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:34 am GMT

The above post has been edited to include more detail (and there have been a couple of changes that were made today)

Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays cater for those with shallower pockets. Unfortunately we can't really offer anything smaller without having them self dealt.

Blinds begin at 50/100 and go through the following levels.

50/100
100/200
150/300
200/400
300/600
400/800
600/1,200
800/1,600
1,000/2,000
1,500/3,000
2,000/4,000
3,000/6,000....etc

...it usually ends around about 2am/3am. Tournaments finishing later than that on a regular occasion we find don't have wide appeal.

We found that starting the tournaments too early costs us players during the week and on weekends, a lot of our players like to go to the football and the Old firm often play on Sunday too. We'd like to keep all the start times at 8.15 pm to make room for afternoon action (which is in the pipeline)

Dave owns a % of the club and runs it / pays me to for him. He's in as often as he can but he's a busy man. When he's in town, he makes an effort to play the touraments. Roughly a a third of the time he'll be playing. (With a bounty on his head)

Freebies? Hmmm. Might depend on how enviromentally responsible you are.
The Polar Ice caps might be melting if you dinnae fill yer car with poker players :D

Seriously though, it'd be good to see you, all I can promise at the moment is a great game of Poker till I sort more stuff out wrt that side of things. Certainly well worth your while coming in for the Saturday game, or the monthly £100 freezeout (which I am currently considering moving to an earlier time)
thetank

Postby Idaho » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:53 pm GMT

How closely are you following the Gutshot legal case? Have you spoken to Derek Kelly or offered any support?
Idaho

Postby thetank » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:48 am GMT

For the record, I'm not the manager at Cincinnatis anymore, I left inside of a week on the job, having decided it wasn't for me.

RE. Gutshot. Poker is a game of skill and luck is what their argument hinges on. I'm following it 3rd hand, not too closely.

I wish Derek luck, but wish they didn't run games such as "one-handed satellites" that clearly involve no skill. Doing such things may be their downfall, but I certainly hope not.
Went to their festival last year and had a great time (a little cramped on the main event, but musn't grumble)
thetank

Postby wEbMaStEr » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:53 am GMT

thetank wrote:For the record, I'm not the manager at Cincinnatis anymore, I left inside of a week on the job, having decided it wasn't for me.

Wow, any dirt or just a change of heart on your part?
wEbMaStEr

Postby thetank » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:55 am GMT

Eh no dirt.............honest.

It ain't too bad.
I still play there, let's put it that way.
thetank

Next

Return to Europe