88 Ways to Win a Seat to the 2010 WSOP
From now until the 8th of May, Pacific Poker is giving away 88 World Series of Poker packages. 41 of these packages are worth $15,000, including a seat the the Main Event, $2500 in spending and travel money, and 5 star accommodation in Las Vegas. Packages will be given away each month until the promotion ends. There are eight different ways a player may win a package.
- "Race Your Way": The top high-rollers with the most poker status points each month will win packages.
- "Persistence Pays": The players with the most raked hands each month will win packages. You must be a true grinder to win this package but if you have the persistence you can win.
- "Bring Your Buddies": The players who refer the most friends to Pacific Poker via their Invite-A-Friend function will win packages. In addition to the chance to win a WSOP seat, Pacific Poker gives $50 to the person referring and $25 to the person referred (provided certain deposit conditions are met).
- "Social Success": This is for all you social media butterflies out there. Pacific Poker will give one Main Event seat away to the person who makes the most popular YouTube video explaining why they should win the seat. Smaller packages will be available for Facebook and Twitter. See Pacific Poker for more details.
- "Cards and Coins": For gamblers, the player with the most casino and poker status points will win a package.
- "Bounty Hunter": Pacific Poker will be running two bounty tournaments a week. The 1st and 2nd place finishers of these tournaments as well as the players who knock out the poker-playing celebrities (Shane Warne and Leo Margets) will be invited to an exclusive freeroll which will award one Main Event package and three other WSOP packages.
- "Tourney Lovers": This is for big tourney players. The winner of this package will have the highest total tournament buy-ins for the month. Smaller packages will be given away for runners-up.
- "One for the Ladies": Each month the woman with the most poker status points will win a Main Event seat.
These are not the only way to win WSOP packages though. Pacific Poker is extending invitations to the top players from these promotions to monthly freerolls where even more WSOP packages will be given away. In some cases such as the "Race Your Way" route, up to the 700th ranked player will be invited to a freeroll or sub-freeroll.
Since these promotions are only open to depositing players, now is a great time to play at Pacific Poker. They are really gearing up for the World Series of Poker over there and are offering a 100% deposit bonus of up to $400 for new players. What are you waiting for? Go get to work on earning your WSOP seat today.
Pius Heinz wins the 2011 World Series of Poker Main Event over Martin Staszko.
The second wave of U.S. indictments against online poker rooms fires out from Maryland.
Player Migration Begins
PartyPoker's attempts to woo poker players away from US-facing rivals.
Feds Indict Online Poker Operators
News about the April 15, 2011 federal online poker indictments.
Three Poker Book Gift Ideas
Three Poker Book Gift Ideas for the Holidays