Forum Rules and Guidelines
To start, thanks for actually reading this!
We are proud to have a wide-ranging group of loyal, diverse, and enthusiastic poker fans from around the world contributing their thoughts to this forum. We pride ourselves on having an excellent free service here, and we hope you enjoy it. The purpose of this poker forum is to pose and answer questions, to create spirited discussion, and to just generally discuss holdem, poker, and other topics. That being said, below are a few guidelines we would like you to keep in mind when you post.
- No posts that contain irrelevant links, unrelated comments, or blatant advertising will be tolerated.
- "Blatant advertising" includes posting links to online poker rooms that have affiliate tags or promotional codes within them.
- Unfortunately "blatant advertising" also includes any topics that promote or defame any online poker room. We are all for discussing the merits of certain rooms but allowing that type of material opens the floodgates for would-be advertisers. Exceptions have and will be made but please tread lightly.
- Absolutely no posts that link to adult sites. Even if they they have some twisted poker theme, you weirdo.
- No posts that promote a business, website, email address, charity, or any similar entity.
Idea Expression & Vulgarity
- Over all other vulgar related offenses, we will not tolerate any posts that contain negative viewpoints toward any particular race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc...
- Word censors are currently set up to obscure certain words. No list is going to be provided here either. Just keep it in mind. The "F" on your keyboard isn't really broken. This option can be changed in your user settings.
- No "flaming". That is, don't direct offensive or aggressive language at a person for their views. In other words: play nice.
No "trolling" and make an effort not to use language that would incite other users to react in a negative manner.
- Check to see if your question has already been asked and answered using our forum search function. It keeps the forum less cluttered if there are fewer repeat questions.
- On the same note, make appropriate subject lines so that other users can identify your topic easily. Subject lines like "Help" or "Poker Question" are poor subjects compared to "Is this a Split Pot?" or "Calculating Post-Flop Odds?".
- Only post your message once. If your question or discussion covers multiple topics, just pick the most appropriate place to put it.
- Choose the appropriate place to post your topic. We don't want to see "Looking for a game in Toronto" in the "Poker Media" section.
- If your posts become a conversation between two users, be conscious of whether that information will be valuable for other users to view. You just might want to revert to the Private Message system.
- Do not ask other forum members for money, goods, or a transfer into your online poker room account. No begging is allowed here.
- Do not post any content or images that you do not have consent from the owner to use. Posting such content along with a citation and/or link to the original does not justify stealing content or images.
Your Personal Profile
- We do not allow URL's in any part of your profile outside of the "Website" field, which is plainly visible in your profile.
- URL's are any link, clickable, in plain text, or as a clickable image. They also may not be in your avatar or any image you post.
- Your profile is unique in that it cannot contain ANY links at all except in the aforementioned space. The limitations described above in "Advertising" are not a limiting factor.
- We don't suggest you display your email in the signature line, unless you like getting spammed. Email can be entered in the appropriate field in your profile where it is has a degree of protection against email harvesting.
Private Messaging System
- Your private message box is not your email. Careful with how much you send and keep. If you want an email box, go get Gmail.
- All of the previous guidelines also apply to the use of the private messaging system, especially concerning spam.
- Don't use the system for illegal or illicit purposes.
- Admins and moderators have the right to delete or modify your posts at their discretion.
- Infractions of these guidelines could cause editing of the infracting post, deletion of the infracting post, or banning of the infracting poster depending on the severity and/or frequency of the violation(s).
- We keep a blacklist that we are very serious about.
- Any attempt to use this system for illegal or illicit purposes may result in the worst possible consequences for the offender.
If you have any questions or complaints, feel free to send a message to an admin. The admins have the handles "Adamm" (Adam) and "Golden Holden" (Carson). Our main moderator's handle is "HalfSugar". Collectively we are fairly accessible, and we're here to address any idea you throw our way. That includes questions, comments, or complaints in general about content in the website, the forum guidelines, the forum itself, the usability of the site, or violations of these guidelines (especially if your private message box has been spammed). We're not just here to censor posts and dictate site policy.
Thanks for reading these guidelines and thanks for being a part of our poker community!
Pius Heinz wins the 2011 World Series of Poker Main Event over Martin Staszko.
The second wave of U.S. indictments against online poker rooms fires out from Maryland.
Player Migration Begins
PartyPoker's attempts to woo poker players away from US-facing rivals.
Feds Indict Online Poker Operators
News about the April 15, 2011 federal online poker indictments.
Three Poker Book Gift Ideas
Three Poker Book Gift Ideas for the Holidays