Let the Player Grab Begin
by Carson Cashman | April 21, 2011
Given the recent federal action against US-facing online poker rooms, legitimate non-US poker rooms are starting to make power grabs to scoop up players amidst the fallout. Confidence in the former US-friendly sites is at a new low and non-US players are starting to jump ship in favor of older and more secure places to play poker. Despite the fact that US players are high and dry right now, it's ironically making it a great time to play for everyone else due to these new lucrative incentives.
For instance, PartyPoker recently poured money into a group of new programs for players. Take a look at what they're doing.
- Keep Your VIP Status - One huge deterrent for switching poker rooms is losing your hard-earned VIP status. Not a problem, says PartyPoker. A player needs to only register a new account, then send proof of your VIP status from another poker room to email@example.com. If they earn 1000 points within 15 days they'll upgrade to VIP status.
- 100% Sign Up Bonus - PartyPoker is offering a 100% matching sign-up/top off bonus, up to $500. Bonus code: THP500
- The Gladiator - This promo rewards players for playing consistently throughout May. Those rewards range from entries into $2500-$25,000 freerolls to straight cash bonuses or even a seat in the 2011 WSOP Main Event. We like this one because it's all gravy. You get your usual points and then get additional stuff on top for nothing. A player needs only to opt in to reap the rewards.
- Higher Deposits and Transfers - This move makes sense. PartyPoker is positioning itself to gain a larger share of the deposit pie. I speculate they're trying to attract the deeper bankrolls by raising transaction limits. Will more money on deposit soften up the games? One can hope.
- $1 Million Prize Pool Tournament - The Spring Millions tournament will be held at PartyPoker on May 1st. Here's a look at the Spring Millions qualifying structure. They're putting up qualifiers starting at $1.
- Daily WSOP Qualifiers - The WSOP should be very interesting this year. How will the turnout be? Party is giving out a $14,000 WSOP package every single day. Here's more info on qualifying.
These bonuses are positioning PartyPoker to be at the front of the pack when/if regulation comes down in the U.S. The online poker room with the most players in the next few months is the one that Americans will more-likely flock toward. We aren't going to see any new room pop up that can compete with these promotions.
Not to mention that Party is probably the most secure of all of them, in every description of the word. We know, we've been in their London office...it's like the freaking Pentagon. It's all biometric scanners and metal. :)
Any company that takes security that seriously is going to grab up the players, because online security is what everyone is concerned about right now.